A woman has suffered an awful injury in the US, as a result of lax gun safety measures, and an ironically named dog.
While out hunting in the US State of Indiana, one woman, Allie Carter, 25, was injured after laying her hunting weapon down on the ground.
The gun was a 12-gauge shotgun, and Ms Carter unfortunately didn't put the safety on.
Despite this, there may still have not been an incident, had she not had her chocolate Labrador with her.
Having taken her dog out with her to hunt waterfowl, her pet was there at just the wrong time to step on the weapon and set it off, shooting Ms Carter in the foot!
The dog involved is quite ironically named Trigger!
According to an Indiana conservation officer, Jonathon Boyd, reported by the BBC, said that Ms Carter has been released from hospital, having been treated for injuries to the foot and toes.
The Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area, where the accident occurred, is about 140 miles north of Indianapolis.
This report does highlight an issue with gun safety, and the dangers of hunting. Mr Boyd said that Ms Carter had not completed a hunter education course.
Ironically named dog accidentally shoots owner
Tue, 27 Oct 2015
Recommended linksDogs.co.uk directory
Dog dies in car on hot day as owners go shopping
Bayer Animal Health highlight stigma of fleas in dog owners
Chris Packham hosts a live web show with vital information for dog owners
Dog Attacks and Owner Responsibility
Judge calls for tougher sentences for dangerous dog owners
Derry Council urges people to be better dog owners
Majority of dog owners buy premium food for their pet
Dog owners urged to avoid giving pets deadly treats
Owners urged to ensure dogs vaccinated against deadly bug
Doggy duo looking for owners
RSPCA urges owners not to leave dogs in hot cars
Dog owners encouraged to microchip pets for free
Dog owners fork out on stairlift for pooches
|RSPCA issues reminder not to leave dogs in cars as temperatures soar - Tue, 19 Jul 2016|
|Dogs saved from slaughter ahead of controversial Chinese festival - Mon, 20 Jun 2016|
|Detector dogs fail to find Class A drugs but find plenty of cheese and sausage - Thu, 14 Apr 2016|